Location: Pittsburgh, PA
HDS Marketing, Inc., an ASI ranked top 50 distributor in the USA with offices in Arizona, Utah, Kansas, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Guangzhou, China, has an immediate opening for an entry level web developer.
HDS is looking for a skilled front end web developer responsible for assisting with the upkeep and continued development of a number of ecommerce sites. HDS is looking to start this hire by early January 2017.
What you will be doing:
• Working with the rest of web development team in carrying out various projects related to the upkeep of our current ecommerce sites.
• Design and develop new ecommerce sites under the direction of the head web developer.
• Looking for opportunities to keep improving and adding new features to current sites.
• A good understanding of HTML and CSS, all well as coding frameworks such as Bootstrap.
• Ability to design website front ends from scratch, while also adhering to the wishes and requirements of a client.
• Experience working with websites running on CMS platforms (preferably WordPress).
• A portfolio of past projects that show your proficiency in the above.
• Good communication skills and an excellent work ethic.
Bonus Skills that would be appreciated:
• Graphic design experience or knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience working with WooCommerce.
• Experience working with web-fonts (TypeKit or Google).
• Understanding of E-Commerce SEO